Join us to co-design the Aylesbury Gardenway in your area!
Firstly, we will reflect and share some of the ideas and feedback gathered to date from the online interactive ‘Put a pin in it!’ map, and the community conversations held before Christmas.
Focussing specifically on a section of the Gardenway we will then open up the discussion to hear your thoughts about that section. We really want you to share your local knowledge and tell us about the existing issues, where you see the opportunities and what you like, or dislike, about what is already there.
Together, we’ll think about things like:
· Where should key walking, cycling and wheeling connections into the Gardenway be located?
· How could local parks and green spaces be improved, or new ones created?
· What kinds of community, arts or cultural projects could be set up?
· How should the Gardenway walking, cycling and wheeling route look, and where could it go?
· How can more trees, planting and nature be introduced in local neighbourhoods?
· How could we make the most of local heritage and history?
We will use your thoughts and suggestions to further develop the ideas and wish list for that section, leading to a second round of co-design workshops which we will host in February.
Using all the information from the different co-design workshops we will then create a design brief for that part of the route. The sections will be then be pieced together to create an overall initial design plan for the Gardenway designed by the communities of Aylesbury.
This is an exciting stage of the Gardenway project and we need your help to shape the future design for the route and to create a great place for everyone
So, please do come design with us!
This activity is now completed. Please bear with us whilst we review the discussion and feedback. We will post our findings shortly.
Our second co-design workshop for this section of the Gardenway will be held in early March, and you will be able to sign-up to attend this via the Get Involved page shortly.
Register to attend the co-design workshop below, and come design the Gardenway with us!